Premium Independent Wines of South Africa are looking for a ‘Woman in Wine’ intern for the 2018 vintage.
Premium Independent Wineries of South Africa
‘Women in Wine’ Initiative
In October 2012, Kathy Jordan of Jordan Wine Estate, Stellenbosch, South Africa, launched a two-fold wine mentoring programme aimed at women working in the wine industry, one for South Africans and the other for international candidates. This very successful initiative has now grown into the PIWOSA Women in Wine Initiative to include all members and reach out to more women.
Applications for the international part of the initiative are now open:
If you are a woman, either currently studying towards a wine qualification or already working in the Wine Industry outside of South Africa and are interested in experiencing a vintage at one of the PIWOSA members then you are invited to submit your application.
What PIWOSA members will offer:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of the winemaking team at one of our member wineries to actively experience and participate in a vintage including all aspects of the winemaking process from grape harvesting to all red and white wine cellar work that occurs during the harvest period.
The successful candidate will receive:
- Flights from their location and full board and lodging at the winery during the +-4 week internship;
- The opportunity to visit some of the other wine growing areas of the Western Cape;
- The opportunity to experience the beauty of the Western Cape and some of the renowned tourist attractions that the Cape has to offer.
- Proof of wine qualification: an internationally recognized winemaking degree/diploma or a minimum of WSET Diploma (candidates who are near completion of their Diploma will also be considered);
- Valid travel documents, correct visa and international medical insurance cover;
- Available to travel to South Africa at the end of January 2018 for approximately 4 weeks for the 2018 vintage.
Applications close on 31st August 2017.
The Premium Independent Wineries of South Africa are De Grendel Wine Estate, The Drift Farm, Glenelly Estate, Jordan Wine Estate*, Journey’s End, Ken Forrester Vineyards, Klein Constantia Wines, Paul Cluver Wines, Raats Family Wines, and The Winery of Good Hope (Radford Dale).
For Trademark reasons, Jordan Wine Estate is marketed as ‘Jardin’ in Canada.
Wines of South Africa is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.