A Good Food Fighter Event
and an exclusive
GALA TASTING RECEPTION – Thursday, June 3, 2010
Join the staff and students of The Chef School, George Brown College, as we celebrate the best of Italian food, wines, and culture! From Monday, May 31 to Friday, June 4, the George Brown Chef School will be home to “VIVA ITALIA!”, an exclusive Italian culinary festival featuring leading Italian Chefs from across Italy and Ontario.
On THURSDAY, JUNE 3, we invite you to attend an exclusive Gala evening and Tasting Reception where you will encounter popular Toronto Chefs and leading Italian Chefs who will prepare a wide array of delectable dishes for you to savour. In addition to sampling exclusive Italian cuisine, you will enjoy tasting wines from various regions of Italy, and will be exposed to cheeses and olive oils that you never knew existed! Finish the evening off with authentic Italian gelato and espresso…molto bene!
The GALA TASTING RECEPTION will feature the following famed chefs from Italy and Ontario, along with special guests:
• Chef Marco Soldati, ALMA, La Scuola Internazionale di Cucina Italiana & exclusive partner to George Brown Chef School
• Chef Gabriele Paganelli, Romagna Mia
• Chef Marco Zandona, Via Allegro
• Chef Fabio Bondi, Bar Salumi & The Local Kitchen
• Chef Mario Pingue, Niagara Food Specialities Inc.
• Chef Luis Valenzuela, Torito Tapas Bar
• Chefs Eleonora Caldato & Jeremy McRoberts, Mangia & Bevi
• Chef Rob Gentile, Buca Ristorante
• Chefs Amede Lamarche & Daniel Gonzales, Baking & Pastry Arts, George Brown College
• Post-Graduate Italian Culinary Arts Students, Chef School, George Brown College
• Association of Italian Chefs of Canada
• Brunello Fine Imported Specialty Foods & Wines
• Saputo Cheese & Dairy
• Marca Trevigiana Wine Imports
• Peroni Nastro Azzurro Beer
• Merchants of Green Coffee
• Gelato Fresco and more…
Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm, Thursday, June 3rd, 2010
Location: Center for Hospitality and Culinary Arts, 300 Adelaide St. East (at Frederick Street), Toronto
Cost: $80 per person inclusive of food, wines, taxes and gratuity, with proceeds going to support the Post-Graduate Italian Program at The Chef School, George Brown College.
To Reserve: Call 416-978-8849, or book online at uofttix.ca.
For more information, please visit thechefshouse.com