This coming Monday, Jan 11, 2016, Ascari Enoteca will be not only be holding our usual Wine Killas night, but we’ve also thrown in the added value of a casual fundraiser to raise money for the Dan DeMatteis Slow Food Memorial Fund. The memorial funds will be used to help cover expenses for sending culinary students to Terra Madre Salone del Gusto Expo 2016.
TableS are already booked-up for regular dinner service but there’s room at the bar for walk-ins and plenty of room later in the evening for people to drop by for a drink and a bite.
This is what’s on the roster for the evening:
- Half price bottles of wine…every bottle on the list
- Regular menu from 5:30 – 10:00PM, late night menu 10:00pm – Midnight
- Bar open until 2:00AM
- DJ Miles Jones amping-up the tunes from 9PM onwards
- Pearl Morissette 2012 Cuveé Dix-Neuvieme Chardonnay & 2013 Cuveé Métis wine (donated by Pearl Morissette,) with all sales going to the Slow Food fund
- A custom dish featuring Beretta Farms Petite Tenders, (donated by Beretta Farms,) with sales going to the Slow Food fund
- Raffle prizes and a live auction with items donated by a bunch of awesome people and Toronto establishments, approximately $3,500 worth of prizes (prize list below).
Raffle prizes will be drawn throughout the evening; you will have to be present to claim the prizes. The live auction will be in two segments, one mid-evening and one late-evening (specific times will be posted on Monday on our website). It will be quick and dirty…bring your dolla’ bills y’all!
We’re looking forward to hosting this event that will support something important to us in honour of someone who cared very much about Slow Food, and whom we loved deeply…even more deeply than Dan loved pork. Whether you’re a Slow Food supporter, or a friend of Dan DeMatteis, or a fan of really good odds on great prizes, this is going to be wicked night of fun, food, and drink. Dan DeMatteis’ parents will be in from Seattle hanging out all night with us so make sure to swing by and say “hey!”