In 2014, OCTA launched the Feast ON: A Certified Taste of Ontario. It is Ontario’s foodservice designation program. The program recognizes chefs and restauranteurs who source and celebrate food & drink from the province. It’s as much a marketing program as it is an industry education and capacity building forum for those committed to elevating Ontario’s food culture. You can find out more about the program here.
The role of the Feast ON Program Director is to support the development and implementation of this program. The Director will work closely with government, partners, chefs and restaurateurs.
This is a full time salaried position based out of the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance office located at 41 Britain Street, Suite 303 in Toronto, Ontario.
The Feast ON Program Director will work closely with the Executive Director and will be responsible for:
- Proactive sales of the Feast ON program to industry
- Facilitating program development workshops
- Assist with the design, development and dissemination of Program applications, etc.
- Organize and facilitate meetings of the Feast ON Program Advisory Committee and other stakeholder groups
- Coordinate attendance and/or make presentations at stakeholder meetings, presentations, conferences and tradeshows taking place across the province
- Implementation of the program to the hospitality sector in partnership with OCTA membership and stakeholders
- Oversee the Communications Coordinator who executes communications and marketing strategy
- Manage activities to assess the success of the Feast ON program
- Assist with grant reporting and other activities to support the long-term financial goals of the Feast ON Program
- Conduct all other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will work with Feast ON designees and stakeholders to implement and grow the program. Required skill set for successful candidates include:
- Experience facilitating strategic planning
- Proven project management experience
- Communications and outreach experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario local food movement
- Experience working with the hospitality sector
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to multi-task and stay focused
- Must be professional in attitude and demeanor
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal communication skills-proven success in the ability to develop a credible, trusting rapport with individuals as well as small groups
- Good customer service and technical support skills will be considered an asset
- Mandatory – valid drivers’ license is required
- An eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ego-less nature
Salary range is $45,000-$50,000.00 per year plus commission structure based on annual sales targets.
Please send all applications to the attention of the Executive Director, Rebecca LeHeup at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. Application deadline is 4pm on June 24, 2015