[divider]Wine Auction for Climate Change
Grapes for Humanity has organized three provincial wine auctions in Ontario, Alberta and BC, to raise funds to aid in the battle against the threat of climate change. The proceeds will benefit Nature Conservancy Canada, and Tree Canada, along with global communities in need. These inaugural auctions are handled by Irongate Auctions, and the Vancouver Club in BC.
*It’s important to remember that this is a charitable fundraising auction, meaning that there is no buyers premium. Successful bidders will be responsible for the hammer price plus the taxes associated with the province of sale (BC = 13%, AB = 5%, ON = 0%).
Check the catalogue of 350+ lots at Iron Gate Auctions
Grapes for Humanity Canada has raised millions of dollars for global humanitarian projects including the first virtual charity wine auction in Ontario in 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, to support the stricken hospitality sector.
This year’s auctions feature:
- 25 Canadian Winemakers’ Dinners for 8 guests, with winemakers in the top restaurants
- BC’s From the Heart Cuvee # 1, and Ontario’s From the Heart Cuvee #2, special master blends from each provinces’ talented vintners. Thomas Bachelder is back as master blender of Ontario’s cuvée, while Ross Wise MW will be crafting BC’s collective cuvee.
- Winery experiences, VIP passports, dining experiences, tastings. and more.
- From the iconic Canadian band Rush, autographed guitars, books & wine from Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson.
- Rare wine lots including 1978 Romanee Conti, 1945 Latour, 1846 Esszencia, 1990 Chave Ermitage, 2001 d’Yquem, 1985 Salon, and more
Beginning October 12, bid on these extraordinary lots and help Grapes for Humanity battle climate change.
Most of our producers are small, independently owned and operated businesses, like ours. You can view our complete portfolio here. Thank you for letting us share these producers and wines with you.
Le Sommelier is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.
Well worth a read. Got great insights and information from your blog. Thanks.