Join Master of Ceremonies Bob Blumer for the second annual Gourmet Games, Toronto’s Premier Food and Wine Experience, October 2, featuring top chefs Chris McDonald (Cava), Lorenzo Loseto (George) and Paul Bennalick (Cluny Bistro). As the show’s producer, we at Azureau Wines and Spirits is offering a 50% discount off the $80 ticket price to the first 75 GFR readers who use the promotional code “GFR” when they buy tickets at gourmetgames.ca.
About The Games…
A food and wine experience should go beyond simply consuming food and wine. It should educate, excite, and challenge. That’s the idea behind the Gourmet Games. Throughout the evening, our guests can choose from a series of cooking demonstrations, browse the wine tasting gallery, listen in as top sommeliers compete for best food/wine pairings or indulge in one of our three premium experiences.
How The Gourmet Games Run..
Throughout the evening the wine and food learning options are varied, frequent, and open to the guest’s curiosity, while enjoying the wine pairings of three top Toronto sommeliers: Laurel Finlay (Cluny Bistro), Ian Thresher (George) and Zoltan Szabo (Opus). Who’s wine matches to chefs Bennalick, Loseto and McDonald’s creations will be judged to be the best?
- 6:30 pm Doors and wine tasting gallery open
- 7:00 pm Chef Bennalick takes the stage for food demo #1; Sommeliers present their perfect pairings for Chef’s course
- 7:00 pm Global Bubbles Premium Experience begins
- 8:00 pm Chef McDonald conducts cooking demo #2; Sommeliers present their pairings
- 8:00 pm The Winemaker Series Premium Experience Begins
- 9:00 pm Chef Loseto conducts cooking demo #3; Sommeliers present their pairings
- 9:00 pm Cigars and Wine Premium Experience Begins
- 9:45 The People’s Choice for Best Sommelier Pairings
- 10:00 The Gourmet Games farewell
Taste The World In An Evening…
Over 50 award-wining wines from around the world will be poured the evening of the Gourmet Games. Our feature regions this year include: Argentina, Australia, California, Chile, Italy, South Africa, and Spain. And our three featured wineries are:
- Bodegas Salentein / Callia, Argentina
- Chalk Hill / Alpha Crucis, McClaren Vale, Australia
- Armas de Guerra, Bierzo, Spain
When and Where…
Thursday, October 2nd from 6:30 to 10pm at The Berkeley Street Church, 315 Queen Street East, Toronto.
Click here to find out more, see pictures from last year’s event and buy your tickets today.
Azureau Wines and Spirits is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.