Le Sommelier presents…
Heidi Peterson Barrett grew up in a family of innovators in Napa Valley, with her scientist-winemaker father and her artist mother. It seems destined that Heidi has become one of California’s top winemaking talents. She spent her teenage summers in wineries and vineyards, taking on all jobs from sorting vine cuttings to working the bottling line. After graduating from UC Davis in 1980 with a B.S. Degree in Fermentation Science, she worked as winemaker for a number of California wineries until 1988 when she became an independent freelance winemaker, taking over projects like Dalla Valle Vineyards. It was here that she really carved out her signature style in creating powerful, elegant Cabernets, including the famous Maya cult wine, which received two 100-point scores from Robert Parker. In 1992, she began making wine for Screaming Eagle, which has also received two 100-point scores.
Since 1988, Heidi has developed an impressive client list of ultra-premium wineries. In addition to her own wines from La Sirena, she is currently the consulting winemaker for Amuse Bouche, Paradigm, Lamborn, Kenzo Estate, Au Sommet, Vin Perdu, and Fantesca. She also collaborates with other winemakers, and is connected to projects including Richard G. Peterson (her father), as well as with close friend John Schwartz.
We are fortunate to have access to these ultra-premium wines, and have selected a few to bring to Ontario. These are highly collectable wines for your cellar, but are also showing great drinking pleasure at present.
- Richard G. Peterson Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands 2016, Monterey, $144.95 (6/case) 93 points (James Suckling, May 2018)
- Vin Perdu Red Blend 2016, Napa Valley, $214.95 (6/case) 94 points (Antonio Galloni, Vinous, Dec 2018)
- Amuse Bouche Red Wine 2015, Napa Valley, $529.95 (6/case) 96 points (Eduardo Dingler, Decanter, Jan 2019)
- Au Sommet Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak 2015, Napa Valley, $566.95 (3/case) 96+ points (Lisa Perrotti-Brown, The Wine Advocate, October 2018)
- Domaine Curry Cabernet Sauvignon 2016, Napa Valley, $214.95 (6/case) 93 points (Antonio Galloni, Vinous, Dec 2018)
- PharaohMoans Syrah Westside 2016, Paso Robles, $197.95 (6/case)
94 points (Josh Raynolds, Vinous, September 2018)
Deadline for ordering is Friday, April 19.
Wines are expected to land at the end of June. Prices do not include HST, bottle deposit or delivery.
Allocations for these wines were limited to 30-60 bottles depending on the wine, so orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for further details on these wines and projects.