www.goodfoodrevolution.comsitemap
MENU

November 29, 2019 Comments (0) Views: 228 Good Wine Revolution

Réva Piedmont Private Order

Nicholas Pearce presents an opportunity to purchase the wines of Réva…

In October Daniele from Réva visited us in Toronto and led us through an exciting tasting of their delicious Piedmontese wines.

Located in Monforte d’Alba, Réva’s main objective is to highlight and promote the typical varieties of the region: Dolcetto, Barbera and Nebbiolo. Three rock star oenologists, with Gianluca Colombo at the head (Best Young Winemaker in 2015), produce wines without the restrictions of historic houses.

Their dream? To make the best Barolo ever.

In the winery, Gianluca stands up for slow macerations at low temperatures, extracting smoothly all the goodness from the grapes.

His vineyards are located in some of the most important crus of Langhe and, as true believers that the wine is made in the vineyards, they work all their plots following organic practices.

We are thrilled to present you this special offer to bring more of Reva’s amazing wines into Ontario.

*This Private Order offer will close on December 6th*

Available now:

Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC 2018 $29.95
The soils where the Nebbiolo grapes grow consist of a mix of different textures, such as clay, limestone, marl and ‘elveziano’. For a bit longer than 2 weeks, the grapes ferment spontaneously in stainless steel. Then, 80% of the wine ages in Austrian oak barrels during a year, going through malolactic fermentation. The remaining 20% ages in used tonneaux and barriques.

Barbera d’Alba DOC Superiore 2017 $29.95
Barbera grapes from the clay and sandy soils of San Sebastiano and Novello areas. The grapes ferments & macerates spontaneously for 30 days in stainless steel tanks. After the découvage, the wine ages in oak barrels and used tonneaux for a year.

Available for Private Order:

Langhe Bianco Grey DOC 2018 $29.95
50% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% Sauvignon Gris cultivated on the ‘elveziano’-based soils of Monforte d’Alba. The grapes are softly crushed and macerated for 8 hours before being pressed. 70% of the juice ferments in stainless steel tanks, while the other 30% is fermented in used-barrels, adding more complexity into the different layers of this white wine.

Barbera d’Alba DOC Superiore 2018 $29.95
New vintage. Aged for one year in oak barrels and used tonneaux.

Barolo DOCG 2015 ** $59.95
Gold Medal 95 Decanter; 2 Bicchieri Gambero Rosso
100% Nebbiolo sourced from Barolo, Monforte d’Alba, La Morra and Serralunga, cultivated in the singular Sant’Agata marl and Diano d’Alba fossils and sandstone. A 35 days spontaneous maceration happens in stainless steel tanks; while the ageing occurs in Austrian oaks (80%) and used barriques (20%) for 24 months.

Barolo Ravera DOCG 2015 ** $99.95
93 James Suckling, Silver Medal 92 Decanter, 90 Wine Enthusiast, 17+ Jancis Robinson, 16.5 Vinum
Every Barolo cru has a specific character and the Ravera sub-zone has always produced one of the most intense expressions of Barolo. Apparently, Ravera wines can last a lifetime: the rich in iron soils deliver wines with an extremely good acidity, which is the equivalent to a time capsule when it comes to wine. This cuvée macerates during 35 days in stainless steel tanks. After fermentation, the wine ages for 24 months in Austrian oak barrels (80%) and barriques.

** Denotes wines that ship in cases of 6.

Wholesale prices are subject to 13% HST & Bottle Deposit. Delivery Charges vary based on order size & postal code.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Nicholas Pearce Wines is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.