Tawse selected top winery in Canada for 2016.
At Tawse Winery we are thrilled to announce that we have been named Canadian Winery of the Year by WineAlign National Wine Awards of Canada. The annual competition recognizes the best in Canadian wines as well as the top performing wineries in the nation’s industry. This exciting honour is not the first for Tawse having been awarded Winery of the Year in three consecutive years; 2010, 2011 and 2012. In all this year, the medal count was 17 including 5 gold and 8 silver (see below for results details).
“With more than 230 wineries entering the competition it really is overwhelming to be recognized as number one. This success would not be possible without the passion and hard work of our dedicated winery team. We are extremely proud of this achievement and truly believe that this honour belongs not only to us, but to all of those in our industry who work hard each year to raise the bar in Canadian wines,” says proprietor Moray Tawse when asked to comment on the announcement.
This year’s accolade comes once again under the watch of the winemaking duo of Paul Pender and Rene Van Ede. “Our commitment to producing expressive wines really begins in the vineyard. The health of our vines is paramount in every decision that we make. We truly believe that the way we’re farming allows us to produce fruit of the highest quality, at the same time giving back to the soil for future harvests,” says Pender of the winery’s organic and biodynamic farming philosophies.
And the winners are…
- Carly’s Block Riesling 2014
- Sketches of Niagara Riesling 2014 (available at the LCBO)
- Quarry Road Vineyard Riesling 2014 (available at the LCBO)
- Tintern Vineyard Pinot Noir 2013
- Cherry Avenue Pinot Noir 2013
- Riesling Icewine 2013 (available at the LCBO)
- Limestone Ridge North Block Riesling 2013
- Quarry Road Gewürztraminer 2014
- Estate Chardonnay 2012
- Robyn’s Block Chardonnay 2012
- Unfiltered Redfoot Vineyard Gamay 2015
- Wine Club Meritage 2012
- Grower’s Blend Cabernet Franc 2012 (available at the LCBO)
- Wine Club Syrah Merlot 2012
- Unfiltered Quarry Road Vineyard Pinot Noir 2015
- Meritage 2012
- Laundry Vineyard Cabernet Franc 2012 (available at the LCBO)
Find out more about our win and all of these winning wines at tawsewinery.ca.
Tawse Winery is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.