By Jamie Drummond
Last Monday night the truly devilish Ivy Knight and The Drake Hotel hosted The Food Photography Awards.
In parallel there was a Popcorn competition… which was so damn tasty…
The competitors in the Popcorn Challenge were:
Jason Bangerter – Luma
Tawfik Shehata – The Ballroom
Alexandra Feswick – Globe Earth
Matt DeMille – Parts and Labour
Jeff Crump & Bettina Schormann – Bread Baread B
And after much munching of popcorn, Matt DeMille of Parts and Labour took the gold with his Foie Gras-dipped kernels of deliciousness.
The stipulations for the photo competition were as follows:
1. All submitted photos must have been taken in 2010
2. Professional and amateur photographers are eligible to enter
3. Each photo must be submitted by email to email@example.com. JPEG only, 1 MB max. Winning photos need to available at high resolution and able to print at 10×15.
4. Each photo must have a name, even if it is just a description. Please no untitled photos and, even worse, photos titled “untitled” – that will get you immediately disqualified.
5. Photographers may only enter 1 photo per category
6. We will accept submissions until midnight on January 7th, 2011
7. Photographers retain ownership of their copyright. Ivy Knight reserves the right to display photos/images at the Awards event and the right to use winning photos in conjunction with post-promotion and PR of any future Food Photography Awards.
And the judges were:
Kirsten Hanson – Cookbook Editor, HarperCollins Canada
Stephen Bulger – Stephen Bulger Gallery
Jacob Richler – journalist
David Leyes – photographer
Mia Nielsen – curator, Drake Hotel
Jeff Stober – Drake Hotel
Ivy, although disappointed that our “cupcake hypnotism” photo didn’t place, we wanted to thank you & The Drake for continuing to strengthen our local food community. Keep up the great work “Mrs. Nibbles.”
I am intrigued… can I/we see the pic? – Malcolm
Long live Nibbies!!!
Thanks for posting the photos! Now I want to go camping at Bon Echo….