For the first time ever Norman Hardie will host an exclusive food and wine journey through his South African homeland. Epicurean South Africa with Norman Hardie is a brand new, gourmet experience curated by Quench Trip Design, Toronto’s most discerning destination experts, specializing in tailor-made travel. For twelve days, you will explore South Africa’s dramatic scenery from Cape Town, the rugged Western Cape and Cape Winelands rolling farmlands, Chapman’s Peak and the Cape of Good Hope.
Norm will be lead you away from the tourist trail to experience his favourite South African wineries and eateries, from a winemaker’s perspective. His welcoming friends and pioneering colleagues – who happen to be the country’s best winemakers – will open their cellars to you, allowing you to explore the many layers of the wine industry, like no other.
- Enjoy a special tasting of winemaker Christa von la Chevallerie’s exquisite sparkling, Filia
- Visit both boutique family producers like AA Badenhorst Family Wines and famous estates including Klein Constantia
- Eat in South Africa’s top restaurants, like The Greenhouse, featuring Peter Tempelhoff, Cape Town’s first Relais & Chateaux Grand Chef, and The Foodbarn, headed up by Chef Franck Dangereaux
- Dine around a traditional African starlit boma
- Visit one of Norm Hardie’s favourite spots in the South African wilderness, De Hood Nature Reserve, a magnificent coastal reserve featuring deserted beaches, interesting rock pools, a wetland with more than 200 bird species, and a number of small game. It also offers some of the best land-based whale watching in the world.
- Stay in a mix of seaside cottages, historic luxury retreats and family-run farm stays, all distinctly South African
- 11 nights’ accommodation in luxury boutique hotels including breakfast
- 4 dinners and 7 lunches with wine and tips included
- Guided half-day tour in Cape Town
- Full-day driving tour of Chapman’s Peak and Cape of Good Hope
- Wine tastings at hand-picked wine estates in Constantia, Walker Bay, Cape Winelands, Swartland, and Elgin Valley, as noted in the itinerary
- The expert guidance of trip host Norman Hardie
- A full-time dedicated Quench Guide
- Luxury group vehicle and driver throughout the trip
- Return airport transfer to Cape Town International airport
Dates: March 26th – April 6, 2016 Rates: $6,975 CAD, based on double occupancy
Space is limited. Contact Quench Trip Design today to reserve your spot and receive one complimentary pre-tour hotel stay at a luxury boutique hotel in Cape Town.
Call: (416) 366 2777
Wines of South Africa is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.