By Jamie Drummond
A week after picking up their hampers from The Stop (as GFR covered here), 10 Torontonians gathered at the Wychwood Green Barns in front of a packed house to discuss their experiences attempting to live as one would have to if on Social Assistance.
Good Food Revolution was there to speak with Damian Abraham and Anand Rajaram about their thoughts on the exercise.
- Joe Mihevc, City Councillor Ward 21and his family
- Dr. David McKeown, Toronto Medical Officer of Health
- Damian Abraham, frontman for the Polaris Prize-winning band, F***ed Up
- Anand Rajaram, Actor
- Michael MacMillan, co-founder and chair of Samara
- Wayne Roberts, Manager of the Toronto Food Policy Council and his family
- Nick Saul, Executive Director of The Stop Community Food Centre
- Andrea Curtis, writer and editor
- Corey Mintz, food columnist, Toronto Star
- Naomi Klein, author and activist; Avi Lewis, journalist
- Rosina Kazi and Nic Murray of the band, LAL
The Stop is a certified GFR Good Food Fighter. To find out more about GFR’s Good Food Fighter program, please click here.
Edinburgh-born/Toronto-based Sommelier, consultant, writer, judge, and educator Jamie Drummond is the Director of Programs/Editor of Good Food Revolution.