Malcolm Jolley reviews this year’s honoured hospitality professionals.
This year’s Fellows of the Ontario Hostelry Institute were announced this week by OHI Chair J. Charles Grieco. The fellowships honour outstanding hospitality professionals from the province. Among this year’s honourees are three fellows likely to be familiar with longtime GFR readers: journalist and author Emma Waverman, artisan food and nose-to-tail eating advocate Chef Ryan Donovan, and organic brewing pioneer, steward of corporate responsibility and Oktoberfest Meister Steve Beauchesne from Beau’s All Natural Brewing of Vankleek Hill. Stay tuned to GFR for more on the new OHI Fellows and Gold Awardees.
Here is the full list of new Ontario Hostelry Institute Fellows for 2018:
- Steve Beauchesne, Co-Founder and President, Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company
- Paul Bognar, COO and Executive Vice President, SIR Corp.
- Chris Boland, Owner, Boland’s Open Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Anna Chartres, Regional Director, Human Resources – Central Canada, Fairmont Hotels
- Mary Chiarot, Vice President and General Manager, Canada, Garland Canada – A Welbilt Company
- Don Cleary, President, Marriott Hotels of Canada
- Jim Delsnyder, President and CEO, ESKA Inc.
- Ryan Donavan, Owner, Richmond Station
- William Gregson, Chief Executive Officer and President, Cara Operations Limited
- Larry MacGillivray, Senior Vice President, Food Service, Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
- Hani Roustom, General Manager, The Hazelton Hotel Toronto
- Emma Waverman, Writer, Blogger, Author and Food Columnist, CBC Radio One, Here & Now
The induction ceremony for the new Fellows will take place at a private, VIP reception just prior to the OHI Gold Awards Gala on the evening of April 26th, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto.