La Bella Italia!
Italy is widely considered to be one of the most diverse wine growing countries in the world as it is rumoured to have roughly 2,000 indigenous grape varieties. Of those 2,000, just under 400 are widely recognized and vinified, a number that totals more indigenous grape varieties than France, Spain and Greece combined!
With all of these grape varieties to choose from, finding the perfect Italian wine can be a seriously delicious task. We are proud to have a wide variety of Italian wines made from a myriad of exciting grapes such as Pecorino, Carricante, Garganega, Ribolla Gialla, Nebbiolo, Sangiovese and Nero d’Avola. Many of these wines are new releases, from new wineries, available for the first time in Ontario!
Check out our Italy wine shop for these great selections with updated tasting notes, producer profiles and food pairings
- Conti Riccati Prosecco DOC, Italy $17.95
- Tornatore Etna Bianco DOC, Sicily, Italy 2019 $27.95
- Jasci Pecorino d’Abruzzo, Italy 2018 $19.95
- Zuani Vigne Ribolla Gialla Sodevo, Friuli, Italy 2018 $29.95
- Fattoria Nanni Arsicci Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore DOC, Italy 2018 $26.95
- VITAS Pinot Grigio, Friuli DOC, Italy 2018 $17.95
- Kellerei Bozen Pinot Bianco Alto Adige DOC, Italy 2019 $24.95
- Tessari Grisela Soave Classico DOC, Veneto, Italy 2018 $19.95
- Cantine Barbera Tivitti Inzolia Menfi DOC, Sicily, Italy 2019 $22.95
- Fattoria Sammontana Alberese IGT Italy 2019 $19.95
- Punset Neh! Langhe Rosso Piedmont, Italy 2017 $21.95
- Reva Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC, Piedmont, Italy 2018 $32.95
- Cortonesi La Mannella Rosso di Montalcino DOC, Tuscany, Italy 2018 $29.95
- Villa Calcinaia Chianti Classico DOCG, Tuscany, Italy 2016 $29.95
- Ca’ Del Monte Valpolicella Ripasso Classico Superiore DOC, Veneto, Italy 2014 $26.95
- Cantine Paradiso Sant’ Andrea Primitivo, IGT Puglia, Italy 2018 $17.95
- Cantine Barbera Lu’Cori Nero d’Avola Menfi DOC, Sicily, Italy 2019 $22.95
Can’t decide which one to try? We’ve got a mixed case for that!
STAFF PICKS – What’s in Our Glass…
Here are the wines that we’re currently swirling, sniffing and sipping – a constantly evolving selection of some our favourites, hidden gems and new arrivals!
- Domaine Muré Originel Sylvaner AOC Alsace, France 2017 $22.95
- Clos del Rey Le Sabina Côtes de Roussillon, France 2017 $23.95
- Radford Dale Thirst Clairette Natural Cuvée Stellenbosch, South Africa 2019 $22.95
- Matthias Hager Gruner Veltliner Mollands, Kamptal, Austria 2019 $26.95
- Pardevalles Rosado DO Tierra de León, Spain 2019 $19.95
- Stephane Aviron Gamay Beaujolais Villages AOP, France 2018 $18.95
- Château de Montfaucon Lirac Rouge AOP, Rhône, France 2016 $26.95
Please feel free to forward our newsletter to any friends that you think would enjoy some great wine recommendations. Click above to generate an email that you can send!
Nicholas Pearce Wines is a Good Food Fighter. Please support the businesses and organizations that support Good Food Revolution.